Processing (Handling, storage, packaging)
Chicken and eggs
- Chicken are injected with antibiotics to fasten maturity;
- Broiler eggs are not naturally produced but contain antibiotics and growth boosters, harmful for human health.
- The commonly sold ‘kata kata’ (non choice cuts of parts of chicken including head, legs, wings, liver, skin, back and necks) may sometimes be meat from wild birds.
- It is difficult to verify the source of the chicken for quality checks, how they are slaughtered and handled.
- Excessive consumption is not good for human health;
- In young children, it can cause allergies.